Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snus that tastes like American Chewing Tobacco?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snus that tastes like American Chewing Tobacco?

1. Are there any Swedish Snus brands that taste similar to American chewing tobacco brands like Redman or Levi Garrett?

2. Are there any brands of chewing tobacco similar to Redman or Levi Garrett that have been processed via steam pasteurization like Swedish Snus and not air cured as American smokeless tobaccos normally are?

1. Sadly, no, not really. I hear some compare Roda Lacket to Beechnut though.

2. The only products that involve any form of pasteurization will be those produced by Pinkerton Tobacco. Their website: "The tobacco leaves are heated with steam so that when the stems are removed the leaf is not damaged."

They still involve fermentation, but pasteurization is involved at some point, so lower TSNA than other products, but still not as safe as snus.

Also, one note, a lot of snus products are air cured. The main issue is pasteurization or fermentation, not air/sun cured.

Comment

Thanks for the explanation! I’ve been experimenting with different chewing tobaccos and have really come to love the dark tobacco flavor of Redman. I can pick up some chocolate and am guessing they are using burley as the main leaf in this product. It smells like a cigar to me and I love that. Buuut, I’m leery about allowing chewing tobacco to be something that I use regularly because of the increased risks associated with it. It is so dang good!

Comment

Working...
      X