Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Burnsey View Post
    ^^^^^ me likie.....we'll see......
    Hell if I were American he'd get my vote after reading the list above

Blog Entries
    New York Times Calls For Democrats to Resist Trump's Inauguration as President
    The Santa Monica Observer ^

In a rather amazing editorial, an opinion piece in the New York Times has called on the Democratic party to not cooperate in the appointment of Donald Trump as President.

"Where is the Democratic party?" ask writers Dahlia Lithwick and David S. Cohen, as Trump appoints Cabinet members who want to dismantle the departments they will head. Why aren't Democratic leaders making more of Trump's refusal to attend daily Intelligence briefings, of Russian interference in the elections? Why not challenge Mr. Trump in the Electoral college?

At this late date, the editorial is amazing in a way. The nation's most prestigious newspaper, Trump's hometown newspaper whom he has actually visited since the election, is declaring war on his presidency, when they must know it is inevitable.
    The rules of a US presidential election are not complicated. The candidate with the most electoral votes wins. The one with the most votes nationally often gets second place.

Fast forward to 2016, and the Democrats are doing nothing of the sort. Instead, they are leaving the fight to academics and local organizers who seem more horrified by a Trump presidency than Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama and the Democratic Party. The Republicans in 2000 threw everything they could muster against the wall to see if it stuck, with no concern about potential blowback; the Democrats in 2016 are apparently too worried about being called sore losers. Instead of weathering the criticism that comes with fighting an uphill, yet historically important battle, the party is still trying to magic up a plan.

More from the Times:
    "There's no shortage of legal theories that could challenge Mr. Trump's anointment, but they come from outsiders rather than the Democratic Party. Impassioned citizens have been pleading with electors to vote against Mr. Trump; law professors have argued that winner-take-all laws for electoral votes are unconstitutional; a small group, the Hamilton Electors, is attempting to free electors to vote their consciences; and a new theory has arisen that there is legal precedent for courts to give the election to Mrs. Clinton based on Russian interference. All of these efforts, along with the grass-roots protests, boycotts and petitions, have been happening without the Democratic Party. The most we've seen is a response to the C.I.A. revelations, but only with Republicans onboard to give Democrats bipartisan cover.

Take the recount efforts in Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin. While the Democratic Party relitigates grudges in the press, Jill Stein, the Green Party candidate who received about 64 million fewer votes than Mrs. Clinton, has led the effort. The Democrats have grudgingly participated from the sidelines, but only because public perception forced them to. This effort has proved feeble, with a Pennsylvania judge denying the request because it was "later than last minute."
    "Contrast the Democrats' do-nothingness to what we know the Republicans would have done. If Mr. Trump had lost the Electoral College while winning the popular vote, an army of Republican lawyers would have descended on the courts and local election officials. The best of the Republican establishment would have been filing lawsuits and infusing every public statement with a clear pronouncement that Donald Trump was the real winner. And they would have started on the morning of Nov. 9, using the rhetoric of patriotism and courage."

Dahlia Lithwick (@Dahlialithwick) is a senior editor at Slate. David S. Cohen (@dsc250) is a law professor at Drexel University's Thomas R. Kline School of Law. So in fairness, the writers of this opinion piece don't actually work for the New York Times.
    The NY Times' argument that the Republicans wouldn't stand for this fails historically. The Republicans allowed the inauguration of a guy with one term in the US Senate and an incredibly Islamic name, just 7 years after 9/11. This despite his previous association with professors who had called for armed conflict against the US government. There was much nervousness about Barack Hussein Obama, but no one blocked his inauguration, because it was the will of the American people as expressed at the ballot box.

Calling for resistance in the face of a lawful election almost qualifies as treason and sedition. Trump didn't cheat. Sorry, it's true. He won fair and square. Recounts have been held, CNNs Martha Raddatz has dried her tears. It's all over but the shouting. Elections have results. Recounts have failed to alter the fact that on January 21, 2017, Donald Trump will be our 45th President.
    If you have any problems with my posts or signature
    CLICK HERE

^^

That's an interesting article, wa3zrm. Thanks for posting, I hadn't seen it. What's even more entertaining are the reader comments to the NYT. Clinton supporters are in a state of disbelief and denial.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/14/op...publicans.html

Blog Entries
    Hillary Just Made Insane Announcement About Her 2020 Plans, Are You Surprised?

It was a true political miracle that Democratic establishment candidate Hillary Clinton was soundly defeated in the 2016 Presidential election. It is a testament to the will of the people, who finally gained the courage to speak up against powerful and corrupt government and corporate interests.
    You can be sure this shocking defeat must have stung for Hillary Clinton, who went into seclusion for a prolonged period following the election. It has also left the Democratic party scrambling to fill the power vacuum left following Clinton’s stunning loss. They may have found their answer, and it is both pathetic and scary.
    According to inside sources, Hillary Clinton is planning to keep the organization of her 2016 campaign intact so that she can run once again for President (for the third time) in 2020.
    Stated one source, “She’s convinced that, sooner than later, the voters will come to their senses and realize they made a horrible mistake by putting [Donald] Trump in the White House. She’s sure the voters will beg her to get in the race and she says, ‘I’m going to run again in 2020.’”
    Added the source, “She told me—and I’m paraphrasing: ‘Trump has no idea what it’s like to run the biggest corporation in the world, the United States government. He has no f—–g idea how complicated it is, how many cogs are spinning at the same time, how many people are fighting at cross purposes, how much disinformation you get.’” Bill Clinton, however, is against the idea. Explained a source with ties to Bill, “Bill hopes Hillary will see the light and change her mind. He’s sure the party will want a fresh new face come 2020.” Do you hope Hillary stays away from Presidential politics for good?

(Excerpt) Read more at conservative101.com ...
    CLICK HERE

Super Moderator Premium Parrots's Avatar
    I lost my change deep in the couch

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I killed because they were annoying......

I've been wrong lots of times. Lots of times I've thought I was wrong only to find out that I was right in the beginning.

Blog Entries
    Man tries to light self on fire outside DC Trump hotel
    WTOP-TV ^ | January 17, 2017 |

A man ended up at the hospital Tuesday after he tried to light himself on fire outside the Trump International Hotel in Northwest D.C.

Hotel employees called the police and D.C. Fire responded to a call of a man trying to set himself on fire around 9:30 p.m.
    NBC Washington reports that the man is from California and is protesting the election of Donald Trump.
    In a video the man can be heard saying he tried to light himself on fire as an act of protest.
    The man was taken to the hospital with burns. He is expected to be OK.
    CLICK HERE

JANUARY 20, 2017 WILL FOREVER BE KNOWN AS "FREEDOM DAY"

One 82-year-old lady loves Obama and she may have a very good point. She says that Obama is amazing, and is rebuilding the American dream! She gives us an entirely new slant on the "amazing" job Obama is doing, and she says that she will thank God for the President. Keep reading for her additional comments and an explanation. When discussing Obama, she says:

1. Obama destroyed the Clinton Political Machine, driving a stake through the heart of Hillary's presidential aspirations - something no Republican was ever able to do.

2. Obama killed off the Kennedy Dynasty - no more Kennedys trolling Washington looking for booze and women wanting rides home.

3. Obama is destroying the Democratic Party before our eyes! Dennis Moore had never lost a race. Evan Bayh had never lost a race. Byron Dorgan had never lost a race. Harry Reid - soon to be GONE!

These are just a handful of the Democrats whose political careers Obama has destroyed. By the end of 2016, dozens more will be gone. Just think, in December of 2008 the Democrats were on the rise. In two election cycles, they had picked up 14 Senate seats and 52 House seats. The press was touting the death of the Conservative Movement and the Republican Party. However, in just one term, Obama put a stop to all of this and gave the House and the Senate - back to the Republicans.

4. Obama has completely exposed liberals and progressives for what they are. Sadly, every generation seems to need to re-learn the lesson on why they should never actually put liberals in charge. Obama is bringing home the lesson very well: Liberals tax, borrow and spend. Liberals won't bring themselves to protect America. Liberals want to take over the economy Liberals think they know what is best for everyone. Liberals are not happy until they are running YOUR life.

5. Obama has brought more Americans back to conservatism than anyone since Reagan. In one term, he has rejuvenated the Conservative Movement and brought out to the streets millions of freedom loving Americans. Name one other time when you saw your friends and neighbors this interested in taking back America!

6. Obama, with his "amazing leadership, "has sparked the greatest period of sales of firearms and ammunition this country has seen. Law abiding citizens have rallied and have provided a "stimulus" to the sporting goods field while other industries have failed, faded, or moved off-shore.

7. In all honesty, 4 years ago I was more afraid than I have been in my life. Not afraid of the economy, but afraid of the direction our country was going. I thought, Americans have forgotten what this country is all about. My neighbors and friends, even strangers, have proved to me that my lack of confidence in the greatness and wisdom of the American people has been flat wrong.

8. When the American people wake up, no smooth talking teleprompter reader can fool them! Barack Obama has served to wake up these great Americans! Again, I want to say: "Thank you, Barack Obama!" After all, this is exactly the kind of hope and change we desperately needed!!

9. He has saved Carter’s legacy and made Jimmy Carter happy, since Jimmy is no longer the worst president we've ever had. Credit goes to where credit is due. I feel better now!

THANK YOU OBAMA

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I killed because they were annoying......

I've been wrong lots of times. Lots of times I've thought I was wrong only to find out that I was right in the beginning.

Last edited by Premium Parrots; 01-24-2017 at 07:33 AM.

Blog Entries
    Nice!
    CLICK HERE

Blog Entries
    Incredible photo......you can I.D. the Secret Service guys by the strawberry shaped pins on their lapels, ear buds, one wearing sun glasses, coats unbuttoned, "passes" around their necks.......

Quote Originally Posted by Burnsey View Post
    Incredible photo......you can I.D. the Secret Service guys by the strawberry shaped pins on their lapels, ear buds, one wearing sun glasses, coats unbuttoned, "passes" around their necks.......
    Lucky their passes are hidden - they'd probably vet the photo anyway. There's a couple of interesting figures that look as if they are in camouflage on top of the brown domed building by the lake.

Blog Entries
    I like the hats some of the justices were wearing.
    CLICK HERE

wheres waldo?

Lots of giant optics on the rooftops. Probably a few rifle scopes nearby, too. Great photo!

Did you see the gal with what looks like a big round brown clown nose? Let me know when anyone finds her. lol.....she is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Premium Parrots View Post
    Did you see the gal with what looks like a big round brown clown nose? Let me know when anyone finds her. lol.....she is there.
    No luck, but I think I saw Travis Bickle!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789