Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freakin Out Please Help

Freakin Out Please Help

I ordered about 2 kilos of snus 10 years ago and it was wonderful. No problems with shipping at all. I thought I might get back into it, so I ordered a kilo from snusdirect.com and it was supposed to be here on Friday the 14th. I figured I'd just place it in my fridge and use it up slowly. But UPS website says it's sitting in a warehouse, so I called them.

It got snagged by the FDA.

"Your package is being processed for submission to the FDA or Department of Agriculture. / The package is at the clearing agency awaiting final release."

I was was looking around online and couldn't understand the legalese but I'm convinced I'm going to jail for not having the proper permit.

Please help!

Hi. I guess government slows everything down. I received a recent order here in Illinois in three days from Sweden, by another vendor, and no SWAT teams have knocked my door in. Somebody else here had a short FDA delay, too. hope you see it soon.
    http://www.snuson.com/showthread.php...924#post417924
    Last edited by Andy105; 07-16-2017 at 01:58 AM.

Blog Entries
    From what I've been told, there was an e-store shipping to the US that wasn't labeling/declaring their packages the way FDA requires. I also heard that in the future FDA is going to have every tobacco delivery opened and inspected from here on out.

I don't know when/if this is going to go into effect. I did an order from SnusCENTRAL on Wednesday morning and I picked up Friday morning, so I didn't have any slow downs.

Man we lose more members this way.....at least for 1-5 years

Just kidding......you'll be fine. If it were illegal the carrier would not have received it from the vender. For now these random delays are the way of life. Expect it to add about 3-5 days to your delivery
    Last edited by Snusdog; 07-16-2017 at 07:09 AM.
    When it's my time to go, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my uncle did....... Not screaming in terror like his passengers

Quote Originally Posted by Snusdog View Post
    Man we lose members this way.....at least for 1-5 years

Just kidding......you'll be fine. If it were illegal the carrier would not have received it from the vender. For now these random delays are the way of life. Expect it to add about 3-5 days to your delivery
    Ha! Well ok, I guess that makes me feel a teensy weensy bit better I WANT MY SNUS NOW DAMMNIT! 😭

Blog Entries
    My order from SC just shipped.....curious about delivery issue........
    Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean someone ISN'T OUT TO GET YOU!

SnusDirect informed me:

"I understand your worry but whenever the FDA have been looking into a package it has, in our experience, always been released within a few days. They required some additional information about the snus manufacturer, which has been provided to them. It is our recent understanding however that this will happen more and more now and cause slight delays to any tobacco shipment to the US."

Today UPS says:

"Y
    our package is being processed for submission to the FDA or Department of Agriculture. / Brokerage released the package. It will be processed through a clearing agency before final release to UPS." 🤤

Quote Originally Posted by OR_Jackie View Post
    SnusDirect informed me:

"I understand your worry but whenever the FDA have been looking into a package it has, in our experience, always been released within a few days. They required some additional information about the snus manufacturer, which has been provided to them. It is our recent understanding however that this will happen more and more now and cause slight delays to any tobacco shipment to the US."

Today UPS says:

"Y
    our package is being processed for submission to the FDA or Department of Agriculture. / Brokerage released the package. It will be processed through a clearing agency before final release to UPS." 襤
    Well delay is a pain in the butt......but it is a lot better than where we started in this thread.....with seizure and prison
    When it's my time to go, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my uncle did....... Not screaming in terror like his passengers

Quote Originally Posted by Snusdog View Post
    Well delay is a pain in the butt......but it is a lot better than where we started in this thread.....with seizure and prison
    Yeah. Heh heh 😰.
    I don't think I'm going to prison anymore. Thanks for helping.

Now on it says "clearance in progress" and "We've submitted documentation to a Government agency and are awaiting a response. / Brokerage released the package. It will be processed through a clearing agency before final release to UPS."

I got my snus today!

Ettan Original
    Catch Eucalyptus White
    Catch Licorice White
    OMNI Licorice
    Göteborgs RapéLingonberry
    Gustavus OriginalPortion
    Jakobsson's Cola Strong
    Jakobsson's Fläder
    Jakobson's Melon
    Jakobson's Raspberry& Strawberry
    Kaliber Salmiak White
    Knox Strong Portion
    Kronan Strong Original
    Mustang White Portion
    Ettan White
    Jakobsson's Dynamite
    Epok Melon Slim
    Epok Blueberry Slim
    Epok Licorice StrongSlim
    Epok Lime Strong Slim

All is well that ends well.

Super Moderator Premium Parrots's Avatar
    WHAT!?! No Bosco?

glad it arrived safely
    I NEED TO MOVE 6 ROLLS OF GENERAL PORTIONS. WILL SELL FOR $35 FOR 10 TINS INCLUDING SHIPPING, USA ONLY.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I killed because they were annoying......

I've been wrong lots of times. Lots of times I've thought I was wrong only to find out that I was right in the beginning.

I got my snus today!

Ettan Original
    Catch Eucalyptus White
    Catch Licorice White
    OMNI Licorice
    Gustavus OriginalPortion
    Jakobsson's Cola Strong
    Jakobsson's Fläder
    Jakobson's Melon
    Kaliber Salmiak White
    Knox Strong Portion
    Kronan Strong Original
    Mustang White Portion
    Ettan White
    Jakobsson's Dynamite
    Epok Melon Slim
    Epok Blueberry Slim
    Epok Licorice StrongSlim
    Epok Lime Strong Slim

Awesome Order!!!

I'm damn glad you got it! =]
    N1THC / WQYV607 - Ham / GMRS Operator
    SnuffHappens | Twittah
    SnusOn Blog

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnsey View Post
    My order from SC just shipped.....curious about delivery issue........
    I received an email from UPS over night to pick up my order after 9 am today. So, business as usual for my quick delivery from snuscentral.com.....ordered Sunday evening, pick up Wednesday morning, nothing out of the ordinary for this one. It should be noted that SC does pay the duty, etc, so that can't hurt. Some web shops leave the extra costs to the end user to fight over with UPS.

I received an email from UPS over night to pick up my order after 9 am today. So, business as usual for my quick delivery from snuscentral.com.....ordered Sunday evening, pick up Wednesday morning, nothing out of the ordinary for this one. It should be noted that SC does pay the duty, etc, so that can't hurt. Some web shops leave the extra costs to the end user to fight over with UPS.
    Just a quick question here since you mentioned duties, Do you know about Snus24 and that? Will I have issues with my order?
    SnuffHappens | Twittah
    SnusOn Blog

Yeah, DDP (Delivery Duty Paid) arrangement they have with UPS might speed things along with SnusCentral and BuySnus. My last orders weren't any slower

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by N1THC View Post
    Just a quick question here since you mentioned duties, Do you know about Snus24 and that? Will I have issues with my order?
    No, snus24 does not pay the DDP and they state that some where on their site, I've read it. I order from them and "pays my money and takes my chances".

No, snus24 does not pay the DDP and they state that some where on their site, I've read it. I order from them and "pays my money and takes my chances".
    Just found this on the Snus24 Website, Maybe they are sending DDP now?

You are responsible as the importer of the products and it is your obligation to monitor possible payments such as customs clearance and/or taxes.
    * We are sending with UPS DDP within USA.

EDIT: I am chatting with their support right now to find out

EDIT2: Snus24 customer support has confirmed they send DDP for all USA shipments sent through UPS.
    Last edited by N1THC; 07-20-2017 at 02:56 PM.
    SnuffHappens | Twittah
    SnusOn Blog

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by N1THC View Post
    Just found this on the Snus24 Website, Maybe they are sending DDP now?

You are responsible as the importer of the products and it is your obligation to monitor possible payments such as customs clearance and/or taxes.
    * We are sending with UPS DDP within USA.

EDIT: I am chatting with their support right now to find out

EDIT2: Snus24 customer support has confirmed they send DDP for all USA shipments sent through UPS.
    My mistake, maybe.... I know what I read...... Snus24 charges about $ 9 less for shipping to me than SC....I assumed that the difference was the DDP. I have yet to receive a bill for DDP from UPS for any of my Snus 24 orders, three this year, and I have for other vendor's orders in the past......so, for the moment.....legit.

My mistake, maybe.... I know what I read...... Snus24 charges about $ 9 less for shipping to me than SC....I assumed that the difference was the DDP. I have yet to receive a bill for DDP from UPS for any of my Snus 24 orders, three this year, and I have for other vendor's orders in the past......so, for the moment.....legit.
    No problem at all man, I just wanted to make sure people don't freak out..

If I could find some concrete information on it I figured I would put my two cents in.

Didn't mean to insult or claim that you didn't see that they don't pay duties. I actually believe you and I assume they must of relatively recently started send DDP. =]
    SnuffHappens | Twittah
    SnusOn Blog

I got my snus today!

Ettan Original
    Catch Eucalyptus White
    Catch Licorice White
    OMNI Licorice
    Gustavus OriginalPortion
    Jakobsson's Cola Strong
    Jakobsson's Fläder
    Jakobson's Melon
    Kaliber Salmiak White
    Knox Strong Portion
    Kronan Strong Original
    Mustang White Portion
    Ettan White
    Jakobsson's Dynamite
    Epok Melon Slim
    Epok Blueberry Slim
    Epok Licorice StrongSlim
    Epok Lime Strong Slim

Fantastic, glad you got it......keep us posted and let us know what you like and don't like

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast